Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
NUTCRACKER PERFORMANCE DECEMBER 2ND
We have a fantastic opportunity again this year for our students to attend the Benicia Ballet's performance of the Nutcracker at Solano Community College.
The performance takes place on Saturday December 2nd at 2:00pm. We will provide transportation (school bus) to and from the performance. Students are free and parents will pay a discounted price of $24. We will even have Oakbrook teachers and Ms. Turner to chaperone if you don't want to attend but want to send your student.
Please RSVP to the office ASAP 707-863-7930. It is a first come first serve list.
Monday, November 6, 2017
FAMILY TECH TALK NIGHT
" Texting, livestreaming, Instagram, Minecraft. What are kids doing on the Internet? And who are they communicating with? Learn about social networking, texting, gaming, and how to help your child use the Internet responsibly at our Family Tech Talk Night on Wednesday, November 8, 2017 from 6:00pm to 7:30pm atOakbrook Academy of the Arts, Library.
Technology is changing fast, and many of us are struggling to stay one step ahead of our kids and learn everything we can about being online. This isn’t an easy task—our kids have never known life without the Internet, and in many cases, they know more about it than we do.
Please join us as we discuss what our children are doing online and how to teach them to be smart, safe, and respectful digital citizens. You’ll learn about:
• The importance of knowing the sites and apps your child uses
• How kids are using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets
• Social networking sites and how to help your child use them wisely
• What to do if your child encounters online bullying
• Objectionable content, how to block it, and what to do if your child views it
• The importance of teaching your child to find a healthy balance with technology use
• Your role in keeping the conversation going about responsible Internet use
We look forward to seeing you Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 6:00p.m. and discussing this important topic.
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Tomorrow is a staff work day and there are no students. Teachers will be working on student report cards. Report will come out the week of Nov. 13th which is also when parent/teacher conferences will be held. Please check in with your student's teacher on how to schedule a conference.